Insurance Claims Assistance

Your Water Damage Insurance Claims Experts

Water damage insurance claims are the most frequent type of insurance loss reported to homeowners insurance companies. Water or flood damage, to your home, can be an expensive repair. When you file an insurance claim, you are making a formal request, to your insurance company, asking for a payment based on the terms of your policy. These claims are then reviewed by your insurance company for validity and then paid out to you (the insured), or a requesting party, once approved.

In the midst of tragedy and a damaged home, we understand that it can be difficult to deal with the insurance company and your claim. Fortunately, we specialize in Insurance Claims. A big portion of what we do is helping our clients get through and manage their insurance claims. We follow industry standards so you get the best outcome. We use the same programs that the insurance companies use, so that the scopes of the projects are inline with what your insurance company agrees are the accurate costs for repair.

If you have a broken appliance or pipe leaking water onto your floor or basement, your Homeowners Insurance Policy will likely provide coverage. Most standard homeowners policies provide protection from water damage if the cause is accidental and immediate. However, water damage may not be covered with the following issues:

  • Damage from unresolved maintenance issues
  • Replacing or repairing the source of the water damage
  • Water backup from an outside sewer or drain
  • Flood (see flood insurance below)
  • Windstorm

Give us a call if you have any questions or check with your insurance agent.

A typical policy will pay for damage to your property and your possessions in the event of certain storms, fire, theft or vandalism. Homeowner’s insurance also covers shelter costs, so you don’t have to face outrageous hotel bills if you’re temporarily displaced from your house. We help you with everything we can to make it an easy transition through repairing your home.

Flood Insurance

Flood Insurance is different from homeowners insurance. It is very important that you know the difference between flooding and water damage. A flood, referring to the overflowing of a river or body of water or an extraordinary rainstorm that has submerged your house, is different than a collection of water in your house from a burst pipe or appliance.

Adding this extra layer of insurance helps to add more protection to your home and belongings in case of an actual flood.

What Should I Do About Water Damage?

Be careful about repairing or cleaning up any damage. It’s best to wait for a water damage restoration company, then to start cleaning up the area or fix the damage yourself. This may cause issues with your water damage insurance claim. Water Extraction Experts will come in and make an assessment of the damage with their industry experience.

  • Make sure to take as many pictures as you can to clearly document the areas affected by water damage.
  • It is important to report a loss within a 14 day period or it may not be covered.

Need More Information?

We Will Handle It!

Water Extraction Experts is experienced in filing and handling water damage and mold insurance claims. We work with the adjusters and insurance agents to properly handle whatever situation you have related to water damage or mold. We encourage you to be proactive and prepared in case of a water damage emergency. When you do experience a disaster, we can help restore your home and your life.

We service the following locations:

Colorado cities of Fort Collins, Loveland and Greeley, call us at 970-581-4498.

Wyoming cities of Laramie and Cheyenne, call us at 970-581-4498.

Albuquerque, New Mexico, call us at 505-250-6500.