5 Winterizing Tips for Your Home: Exterior
Winter is a wonderful time to reflect on the important things in life: family! Winter can also come with challenges. If your pipes were to freeze or your roof begins to leak, it can cause much water damage to your home. Preparing your home now for the cold months ahead will leave you with more time to experience the peace and tranquility that is possible during this wonderful season. Below are some tips for winterizing the exterior of your home.
- Pruning your trees can help to avoid fallen branches to cause leaks in your roof. Prune branches that hang over the house and use a roof rake to clear away any branches that fall onto the roof.
- Have your chimney inspected yearly by a certified chimney inspector before your first burn of the winter to eliminate flammable creosote or obstructions that can spark chimney fires.
- Inspect roof for cracked caulk or rust spots on flashing and shingles that are missing or worn and need replacement. Check for cracked and worn rubber boots around vent pipes and remove moss buildup which may indicate the roof is decaying underneath.
- Clear out rain gutters & downspouts so rain, ice and snow can freely move away from your roof.
- Remove, drain and store garden hoses and install Styrofoam covers over hose bibs to avoid pipes from freezing.
Frozen pipes and leaky roofs cause untold water damage to homes. Even the most diligent home owner can experience water damage: if it happens to you, call Water Extraction Experts. We understand how stressful water damage to your home can be. Water Extraction Experts use the most advanced technology in water damage mitigation and mold remediation to quickly get your home and your life back to normal again.
EMERGENCY 24/7 WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION
The Experts That Care!