6 Tips for Fall Maintenance
6 Tips for Fall Home Maintenance
Fall is in the air! Kids are back in school and leaves have started to turn lovely shades of autumn. Now it is time to get your house ready for winter while the weather is still nice. Below you will find 6 important maintenance tips to prepare your home for the colder months ahead. Doing so will help avoid water damage occurring to your home and property.
- Keep gutter clean and secure: After the trees drop their leaves, be sure to clean your gutters. Remove leaves, twigs, and anything else that might cause the gutters to clog during the winter. It’s smart to use a garden hose to test the gutters to make sure that water is flowing freely through each gutter and down the spouts
- Check your pipes under all sinks: Run your hands along each pipe checking for any dampness. Fix all slow leaks before they become a big problem. Pipe leaks under sinks can go undetected for a long time and are often a source of mold growth.
- Remove debris from the shower, tub and sink drain: Drains in your bathrooms and kitchen can become clogged very easily. Unclog all the drains in your house to help ensure adequate draining and avoid potential flooding.
- Flush out your water heater: Most water heaters fail before they are 12 years old. Removing the sediment from your water heater can keep it running longer and help avoid your water heater from forming a leak. Learn how to flush out your water heater by visiting https://www.todayshomeowner.com/video/how-to-drain-a-water-heater/
- Inspect roofing for leaks and missing, loose, or damaged shingles: Summer hailstorms can cause roofing damage. Even if you haven’t been hit by a storm, it’s a good idea to have your roof inspected to ensure shingles are secure. A roof leak can cause serious water damage to your home or business.
- Before the first freeze: Drain and wrap insulation around plumbing. Remove hoses from outdoor spigots and be sure to insulate any outdoor plumbing fixtures. Also, drain in-ground sprinkler systems. We also recommend having your in-ground sprinkler system blown out professionally.
If you do end up with water damage or mold, remember we are only a phone call away. Hiring Water Extraction Experts gives you peace of mind that your home is in good hands. The certified technicians at Water Extraction Experts use the most advanced technology in water damage mitigation and mold remediation to quickly get your home and your life back to normal again.
Call The Experts That Care: Water Extraction Experts!
Emergency 24/7 Water Damage Restoration
Serving Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, East Mountain, and Surrounding Areas.