Fire Damage Restoration Tips
Colorado, Wyoming, and New Mexico have been hit with many devastating wildfires in 2020. Unfortunately, in these events, homes can also be damaged by fire. We understand the desire people have to save whatever personal property they can from the aftermath of the fire, and we’re here to help you.
Cleaning up after a fire can be tedious and possibly dangerous work. It’s important to keep in mind that fire damage restoration companies such as Water Extraction Experts have the training and experience to help you get your life back to normal.
Here are a few tips to help you with fire damaged personal property:
- Drapes & Bedding-We recommend using a dry cleaner who is experienced in removing smoke, ash, and soot.
- Clothing: Smoke, ash, and soot can be removed from clothing by carefully laundering it with laundry soap, 1 cup of baking soda, and 1 cup of vinegar. It is recommended to soak the clothing in this solution for a period of time while in the washing machine. You may also have to do this process more than once. If you still smell smoke after the first wash, just run the clothes again.
- Dishes, Pots & Pans: Be sure to carefully wash these items in your dishwasher if you have a sanitize mode. If not, you can hand wash with antibacterial dish soap to help ensure they are clean.
- Carpet: We recommend having your carpet and rugs professionally cleaned by a carpet cleaner to remove the smoke smell (if the carpet and/or rugs are damaged by the fire, they should be replaced).
- Furnace Filters: Be sure to replace your filters immediately.
- Wood Floors: If water was used to extinguish the fire, you may have water damage done to your wood floors. We can help extract water from your wood floors, but if the water has seeped into the subflooring, you may have to replace the wood flooring.
We can help. Having your home damaged by fire can be a huge loss. Trying to clean up your home and restore personal property can be difficult on top of the loss. We’re happy to take on the restoration process for you and get your home and personal property back to normal. Just give us a call. We will provide you with a free estimate and work directly with your insurance company.
You don’t need anything else to worry about. We’ve got this.
EMERGENCY 24/7 WATER, FIRE, STORM, DAMAGE SERVICES