Here’s Why Disinfecting During COVID-19 Is So Important
COVID-19 has been a part of our reality for a few months now. And while mask-wearing and carrying sanitizer may feel second nature now, it’s vitally important to remember all of the recommended best practices to keep ourselves, our families, and our employees and customers safe—especially as counties begin to phase reopening and businesses start to see increased activity.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to recommend the disinfecting of surfaces as a top priority. COVID-19 has been classified as an enveloped, medium-sized virus, meaning it is categorized as among the easiest of three viral subgroups to inactivate with disinfectant.
Studies with other epidemiologically important pathogens have shown that effective disinfection leads to decreased transmission. Effective disinfection includes the combination of the correct type of product and—most importantly—effective practice to reduce risk via viral removal and/or inactivation of pathogens.
The CDC recommendation for COVID-19 includes cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces daily, including tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks. Guidelines are as follows:
Cleaning: Cleaning with soap and water reduces the number of germs, dirt, and impurities on the surface.
- Wear reusable or disposable gloves for routine cleaning and disinfection.
- Clean surfaces using soap and water before using a disinfectant.
- Practice routine cleaning of all high touch surfaces.
Disinfection: Disinfecting kills germs on a surface.
- Use only EPA-registered disinfectants, as these meet the EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Find a complete list of approved disinfectants here. The disinfecting solution we use is EPA registered for COVID-19 and a natural product.
- Follow the instructions on the label to ensure safe and effective use of the product, including making sure to follow the recommended contact time (the amount of time the surface should be visibly wet) and precautions such as wearing gloves and having good ventilation while using the product.
- If disinfectant solutions are unavailable the following may also be used on appropriate surfaces:
Do You Own a Business?
We understand how daunting it may feel as you navigate how to best keep your employees and customers safe during this unprecedented time. This may be especially true if you have a large business with an overwhelming number of high-touch surfaces. The team at Water Extraction Experts is here to help. Our disinfecting service provides you with the peace of mind that you’re putting action into place and providing a safer environment for your employees and customers, allowing you to focus on other adaptations you may be navigating.
At Water Extraction Experts, we use a natural, hospital-grade disinfectant registered with the EPA and designed to help you maintain the highest level of hygiene. Our disinfection service is ideal for:
- All Essential and Non-Essential Businesses
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Hair Salons
- Nail Salons
- Retail Stores (Grocery Stores)
Use our Disinfection Services for:
- COVID-19 Outbreak or Possible Exposure
- Precautionary Disinfection
Our highly trained, expert disinfection technicians will work with you to understand your specific situation and disinfect during a time that is appropriate for your facility. Give us a call and we can help you. Now offering a subscription service and discount on disinfecting services.
If you’ve reopened your business and need professional disinfection help, give Water Extraction Experts A CALL!
At Water Extraction Experts, we have certified technicians available to disinfect your facility, whether that’s an assisted living or senior care facility, university, daycare, office space, or church. We use CDC and EPA-approved industrial-strength disinfectants to treat areas that may be affected by bacterial and virus outbreaks. All materials and hard surfaces are cleaned and disinfected and properly disposed of as biohazard waste if necessary.
We understand the urgency and the trepidation around the coronavirus, and our team of licensed technicians is available 24/7 to assist you and work with your schedule for minimal disruption.
EMERGENCY 24/7 DISINFECTING SERVICES