Winter is coming!
Winter is coming! Are you prepared? (Part 1 of a 5 part series on preparing for winter)
Though winter comes at the same time every year, sometimes it’s as if it sneaks up on us too soon. We want you to be prepared and stay safe and warm during the winter months to more fully enjoy the crispy weather. Below is a home maintenance checklist from the CDC to take care of now, before the temperatures start to drop.
- Install weather stripping, insulation, and storm windows.
- Insulate hot water tank and water lines that run along exterior walls.
- Clean out gutters and repair roof leaks.
- Have your heating system serviced professionally to make sure that it is clean, working properly, and ventilated to the outside.
- Inspect and clean fireplaces and chimneys.
- Have a safe alternate heating source available.
- Inspect smoke detectors. Test batteries monthly and replace them twice a year.
- Inspect fire extinguishers.
- Store flashlights readily available in the same place every time in case of a black out.
- Clean range hood and filter
Prevent carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning emergencies:
- Install a CO detector to alert you of the presence of the deadly, odorless, colorless gas. Check or change the battery when you change your clocks in the fall and spring.
- Learn the symptoms of CO poisoning: headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion.
Water Extraction Experts cares about your safety and well-being. If you ever experience water damage, call us! We use the most advanced technology in water damage mitigation and mold remediation to quickly get your home and your life back to normal again.
Coming Next Week: Part 2 Prepare Your Vehicle
Emergency 24/7 Water Damage Restoration
Serving Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, East Mountain and Surrounding Areas